Thursday 24 May 2018

jade's Homophones

WAL about homophones - words that sound the same, but
have different meanings and different spellings.


Task - Select and use the correct homonym or homograph to
complete each sentence.
         
  1. I have two kittens.  (too, two, to)
  2. Will you come too?  (too, two, to)
  3. Are you going to the park.  (too, two, to)
  4. He is heir to a fortune.  (air, heir)
  5. Tipene needed some fresh air.  (air, heir)
  6. Of course I’ll come.  (coarse, course)
  7. The material felt coarse.  (coarse, course)
  8. Be careful or it will break.  (break, brake)
  9. Slowly put the brake on.  (break, brake)
  10. You could hear the engine idle.  (idol, idle)
  11. He was my idol when I was young.  (idol, idle)
  12. I added two cups of flour.  (flower, flour)
  13. She put another flower in the vase.  (flower, flour)
  14. I’ll go and buy a new pair of shoes.  (pair, pear)
  15. The fruit salad contained apple and pear.  (pair, pear)
  16. The dog likes to eat meat.  (meet, meat)
  17. We will meet on the back field for rugby.  (meet, meat)
  18. I don’t have one cent left.  (scent, cent)
  19. That rose has a beautiful scent.  (scent, cent)



No comments:

Post a Comment